- Contribution of hTERT in prostate cancer metastasis
- Effect of genistein on the development and progression of prostate cancer
- Prevention of prostate cancer growth by activating epigenetically silenced gene RASSF1A by mahanine
Prostate cancer is the second leading cause of cancer death for men in the United States and many parts of the World. Although androgen ablation has an initial beneficial response of palliative value, almost all treated patients relapse to an androgen-insensitive state, which is uniformly fatal, because no effective systemic therapy currently exists. The major goal of our research is to evaluate the efficacy of some bioactive nutrients in prevention and/or treatment of prostate cancer.
- Banerjee PP, Banerjee S, Zirkin BR, and Brown TR. (1998) Lobe-specific telomerase activity in the intact adult Brown Norway rat prostate and its regional distribution within the prostatic ducts. Endocrinology 139: 513-519.
- Banerjee PP, Banerjee S, Zirkin BR, and Brown TR. (1998) Telomerase activity in normal adult Brown Norway rat seminal vesicle: Regional distribution and age-dependent changes. Endocrinology 139: 1075-1081.
- Banerjee S, Banerjee PP, Zirkin BR, and Brown TR. (1998) Regional expression of transforming growth factor-alpha in rat ventral prostate during postnatal development, after androgen ablation, and after androgen replacement. Endocrinology 139: 3005-3013.
- Banerjee PP, Banerjee S, Lai JM, Standberg JD, Zirkin BR, and Brown TR. (1998) Age-dependent and lobe-specific spontaneous hyperplasia in the Brown Norway rat prostate. Biology of Reproduction 59: 1163-1170.
- Banerjee S, Banerjee PP, and Brown TR. (2000) Castration induced apoptotic cell death in the Brown Norway rat prostate decreases as a function of age. Endocrinology 141:821-832.
- Banerjee PP, Banerjee S, and Brown TR. (2001) Increased androgen receptor expression correlates with development of age-dependent, lobe-specific spontaneous hyperplasia of the Brown Norway rat prostate. Endocrinology 142: 4066-4075.
- Banerjee PP, Banerjee S, and Brown TR. (2002) Bcl-2 protein expression correlates with cell survival and androgen independence in rat prostatic lobes. Endocrinology 143: 1825-1832.
- Jagadeesh S, Kyo S, and Banerjee PP. (2006) Genistein represses telomerase activity via both transcriptional and posttranslational mechanisms in human prostate cancer cells. Cancer Research 66:2107-2115.
- Sinha S, Pal BC, Jagadeesh S, Banerjee PP, Bandyopadhyay A, and Bhattacharya, S. (2006) Mahanine inhibits growth and induces apoptosis in prostate cancer cells through the deactivation of Akt and activation of caspases. Prostate 66:1257-1265.
- Lara H. El Touny and Partha P. Banerjee. (2006) Myt-1 and Wee-1 are required for genistein-induced inactivation of the cdc-2/cyclin B1 complex thereby contributing to growth inhibition in TRAMP cancer cells. Prostate 66:1542-1555.
- Shankar Jagadeesh and Partha P. Banerjee. (2006) Telomerase reverse transcriptase regulates the expression of a key cell cycle regulator, cyclin D1. Biochemical and Biophysical Research Communications 347: 774-780.
- Shankar Jagadeesh and Partha P. Banerjee. (2006) Inositol hexaphosphate represses telomerase activity in mouse and human prostate cancer cells. Biochemical and Biophysical Research Communications 349: 1361-1367.